Ever stepped inside a typical North Indian restaurant, and didn’t see Kadhai paneer or Kadhai chicken on the menu? Neither have we. The word ‘Kadhai’ refers to a wok or a heavy bottom pan, in which these dishes are prepared with heaps of ground spices and veggies like onion, capsicum and tomatoes. It is tossed so many times over with all the masalas that the dish often obtains a beautiful reddish-brown hue. Speaking of the masalas, these dishes thrive on the spices uses and the medley of veggies that are there not only for the flavour but also their juiciness and crunch. You can add anything to this masala; chicken and paneer are usual suspects. You can also add mushroom to this masala and have your very own ‘Kadhai mushroom’. This recipe is ideal for a delish, desi lunch or dinner. You may have used mushrooms in your salads, omelettes and pasta – but its texture is such that it blends very well with all cuisines.
(Also Read: 11 Best Indian Lunch Recipes | Easy Indian Lunch Recipes)
How To Make Kadhai Mushroom | Kadhai Mushroom Recipe:
1. In a pan heat some oil, add onions and capsicum. Sautee them together for 5 minutes.
2. Take out the veggies, add mushrooms to the pan and sautee for 5 minutes. Take them out
3. Add more oil to the pan and add chopped onion, sautee until it is translucent.
4. Now add ginger garlic paste and saute again.
5. Throw in the tomato puree and let the mixture cook for 3 minutes.
6. Add salt, green chillies, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, meat masala, garam masala. Mix everything well.
7. Add water and simmer for 5 minutes. Add kastoori methi and cream and sautee.
8. Now drop in the fried onions, capsicums and mushrooms. Mix everything well. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
9. Serve hot with a garnish of freshly chopped coriander leaves.
(Also Read: 3 High-Protein Indian Dinner Recipes You Can Try At Home Without A Drop Of Oil)
You can find the detailed recipe above. Pair it with rice or any bread of your choice and you are good to go. Try this recipe at home today and let us know how you liked it in the comments section below.
About Sushmita SenguptaSharing a strong penchant for food, Sushmita loves all things good, cheesy and greasy. Her other favourite pastime activities other than discussing food includes, reading, watching movies and binge-watching TV shows.